Monday, January 6, 2014

White Clam Sauce

Ingredients
  • I can minced clams, drained but not rinsed
  • 1 can chopped clams, drained but not rinsed
  • I bottle clam juice
  • I shallot, finely minced
  • 2 TBS olive oil
  • 1 tsp red chili flakes
  • 1 package fresh linguine from the deli case
  • 2 TBS butter
  • 3 TBS heavy cream
  • Chopped parsley and grated parmesan cheese for garnish
Instructions
  1. I used both chopped and minced clams for my recipe to get the two different textures. If you prefer one over the other, carry on that way! I chose to drain the clams because I have gotten grit in the juice they are packed in before. I elected to use bottled clam juice instead of the packing liquid. If you don’t care, by all means use the juice they were packed in.
  2. Start by heating the oil in a large saute’ pan. Add the shallots and cook until just translucent, not browned. If you like a little heat, add the red chili flakes now. Pour in the clam juice. Cook over medium heat until the liquid is reduced by half. Add the drained clams and cook until heated through. If you cook clams too long they get tough. Cook the pasta in boiling water until al dente. Heat the sauce again if it has cooled off. Add the butter and cream to the heated sauce, followed by the drained linguine. Mix well, garnish with parsley and grated cheese, and serve piping hot.

No comments:

Post a Comment